Date:Sunday May 12 2013
Vital Doncaster looks at Doncaster Rovers League One title winning season through numbers.
1. Position where Rovers finished in League One after a dramatic final day.
2. Rovers received two red cards during the season. Billy Paynter v Sheffield United and Iain Hume v Oldham Athletic
3. Amount of players to get into double goalscoring figures. Billy Paynter (13), Chris Brown (11) and David Cotterill (10).
3. Penalties awarded to Rovers and all scored by Billy Paynter.
4. Number of loan players used by the club during the season, Iain Hume, John Lundstram, Lee Fowler and Emile Sinclair the four.
5. Billy Paynter hit the woodwork five times, the most by anyone at the club.
6. There best run in League One was six games unbeaten in December and January, winning five and drawing one. It was also done under two different managers after Dean Saunders left after the fourth game.
7. Robbie Blake made seven appearances for Rovers in the league and they all came from the substitute`s bench.
8. Amount of goals scored by central defender and captain fantastic Rob Jones.
8. Number of goals scored in injury time by Rovers.
9. Number of draws recorded by Rovers in League One, five at home and four away.
10. David Cotterill received the most yellow cards in the season for Rovers
12. Consecutive away games without a defeat. The most in the clubs history in the same season.
13. Billy Paynter was the clubs leading goalscorer in the season, scoring 13 times in his first season with the club.
14. David Syers made the most substitute appearances for the club in the season. 12 in the league and 2 in the cup.
15. Amount of different players to score for Rovers in the season.
15. Number of away wins by Rovers, the most by any team in the Football League.
16. Clean sheets kept by Rovers
20. Brian Flynn took charge of 20 games for Rovers after taking over in January. They won 10, drew 5 and lost 5.
21. Number of assists by midfielder David Cotterill. The highest number by any player in the Football League.
21. Amount of times Rovers hit the woodwork in league and cup.
25. Number of wins recorded by Rovers, there best since the 2003/04 season when they recorded 27 on their way to the Fourth Division title.
26. Number of players used by Rovers in the league season.
43. Age of veteran goalkeeper Neil Sullivan when he made his first start of the season at Bournemouth in March.
44. Goals conceded by Rovers in the Football League. Only two teams had a better defensive record in League One.
46. Tommy Spurr was the only Rovers player to play in all 46 League One games. He was one of only ten players in League One to play in every league game. He made a total of 52 games, playing in every Rovers game, league and cup.
54. Chris Brown committed the most fouls by any Rovers player.
62. Goals scored by Rovers in the League One season.
71. Number of yellow cards received in the season.
72. Goals scored by Rovers in league and cup.
73. David Cotterill had the most shots in the season, league and cup.
84. Points gained by Rovers in the season, enough to win League One. Last season that would only have been good enough for a fourth placed finish. Only three times have won the division with less points since the introduction of three points for a win in 1981/82, Burnley (80 -1981/82), Brentford (82 - 1991/92) and Bury (82 2005/06).
94. Time of the penalty awarded to Brentford on the final day.
95. Time that Brentford substitute Marcello Trotta missed the subsequent penalty.
96. Minute in which James Coppinger scored the winner against Brentford on the final day to win Rovers the title.
201. Shots on target in League One. Only five teams had less.
227. Shots off target in League One.
511. Number of fouls committed by Doncaster in the league.
7,238 Average attendance at the Keepmoat in the season.
12,785 Highest attendance of the season against Sheffield United on January 1st.
Join Vital Doncaster Rovers!
With news and views, along with a forum, polls and article comments, everything you need in a fans site is right here!
You can even win prizes, by posting articles comments, posting on the message forum and voting on the polls.
Vital is also 100% interactive. Not only can you have your say on the articles and the forum but you can also suggest an article or a poll so you can air your views.
So why not join Vital today?
It's easy to register here and enjoy getting involved
To visit the message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Doncaster .
Vital Doncaster on:
Vital Doncaster on:
Date:Sunday May 12 2013
DRFC Doncaster Rovers v Watford - Over The Years (Monday March 10 2014)
DRFC Doncaster Rovers v Watford Match Officials (Monday March 10 2014)
Opposition View: Robins - Rovers bullied us (Sunday March 9 2014)
DRFC Who was your Rovers man of the match? (Sunday March 9 2014)
Sharp and Cotterill shoot Rovers to victory (Sunday March 9 2014)
Dickov - Crucial to extend Man Utd keeper loan (Sunday March 9 2014)
Dickov praises infectious work rate of striker (Sunday March 9 2014)
DRFC Dickov delighted with response (Sunday March 9 2014)
Stats: Doncaster Rovers v Huddersfield Town (Saturday March 8 2014)
DRFC Doncaster Rovers v Huddersfield Town Teams (Saturday March 8 2014)
|Worth The Wait
» Bolton : 10/03/2014 15:32:00
|Ex midfielder charged
» Blackpool : 10/03/2014 15:18:00
|Brighton player accusses Royals on influing refs
» Reading : 10/03/2014 15:00:00
|Shea Returns to Stoke
» Barnsley : 10/03/2014 14:56:00
» Barnsley : 10/03/2014 14:30:00
» Forest : 10/03/2014 14:04:00
|Dunk Backed To Impress
» Brighton : 10/03/2014 13:41:00