Dickov - We won't be held to ransom for Duffy
Doncaster Rovers boss Paul Dickov says the club have had a second bid for Scunthorpe United winger Mark Duffy turned down.
Scunthorpe boss Brian Laws said last week that Rovers had made an offer that was well below their valuation of the 26-year-old.
Dickov`s admitted that the club have gone back in with a second bid, which has also been turned down and he says they will not be held to ransom.
Speaking on Radio Sheffield, Dickov said, "We made a bid, which we wanted to keep confidential but they decided to let it come-out, maybe they want it to be a bidding war. That is something we will not get involved in.
"We made another bid on Friday that was turned down, so we will leave it at that. The one thing we will not do is get held to ransom by anybody.
"We have a valuation of the player, who we think is a good player but we will move on."
A number of clubs are reportedly interested in the former Morecambe midfielder. Barnsley, Sheffield United and MK Dons are also keen on signing Duffy according to reports.
Join Vital Doncaster Rovers!
With news and views, along with a forum, polls and article comments, everything you need in a fans site is right here!
You can even win prizes, by posting articles comments, posting on the message forum and voting on the polls.
Vital is also 100% interactive. Not only can you have your say on the articles and the forum but you can also suggest an article or a poll so you can air your views.
So why not join Vital today?
It's easy to register here and enjoy getting involved
To visit the message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Doncaster .
Vital Doncaster on:
Vital Doncaster on: